We know eyes. It’s all we do. And, every pair of eyes is unique. Yours are no exception, so bring us your challenge (if you have one), or schedule your yearly exam, or stop by because you’ve seen someone wearing a really cool pair of eyeglasses and they told you they bought them here. We’ve seen it all and we’re ready to help you see better and look great!
Maple Grove Eye Doctors is a comprehensive clinic that offers digital retinal exams with the latest technology, and we are prepared to assist with a full range of eye care needs, including:
- Farsightedness (hyperopia)
- Nearsightedness (myopia)
- Dry Eyes
- Eye Allergies
- Eye Infections and Injuries
- Contact Lens Care
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Double Vision
Want to learn a thing or two about your eyes? Check out this gallery of videos on eye health conditions. Failure to detect and treat vision disorders in children affects development, learning performance, self-esteem, social-emotional behavior, etc. Are shin pads, shoulder pads, and shoes, more important than a back to school comprehensive eye exam? We can hear you saying, “I had no idea!” all the way over here.
Your Eye Exam
Our mission? Your good vision.
We’re a full-service clinic, and we tailor each appointment to your specific needs. At your eye exam, you can expect friendly, professional service from an expert eye doctor and a technician. And did we mention a wee bit of fun? We provide a comfortable, professional atmosphere where all your questions will be answered, your eyes will be examined, and the best in eyewear selected, which will perfectly speak to your personal style and enhance those gorgeous peepers.
Digital Retinal Exam with our Topcon Maestro
Have you heard of it? You should!
Our state of the art Topcon Maestro equipment performs Optical coherence tomography (OCT) that is a noninvasive, non-contact, trans-pupillary imaging technique able to produce high-resolution images detailing the structure of the eye in 3D, allowing the doctor to have the ability to detect disease before signs become visible at the ocular surface. Thanks to OCT, it is now possible for our doctors to see what lies beneath the retinal surface. This amazing technology allows our patients a higher level of care, and gives our team of optometrists greater diagnostic abilities. There is an additional cost for this, but hey, don’t you want your eye doctor to use the latest technology available?
What To Expect
A Typical Exam at our location
Many people skip having an annual eye exam because they don’t know what to expect. Let us shed some light on the topic.
We are part of the OCT Revolution! A step ahead of those other docs. With the Eye Wellness Exam SD-OCT imaging in our practice, we take your comprehensive eye exam to a higher level. Our docs will have the ability to proactively detect very early signs of disease and confirm the health of our patient’s eyes. A higher standard of care. That’s us.
During your eye exam, the optometrists on staff at Maple Grove Eye Doctors, located inside the Pearle Vision Maple Grove store, might ask you questions about your general health and lifestyle to tailor the exam to your specific eye health needs. Then, he or she typically will perform an eye exam that measures:
- Your overall vision with your current contact lenses and/or glasses
- Check of your pupil reaction to detect abnormalities that could indicate various neurological conditions
- Check extraocular motility to ensure that all ocular muscles are functioning correctly
- Check peripheral vision for abnormalities
- Your color vision and depth perception based on patient’s needs
- Early indicators of potential problems, such as glaucoma, retinal issues, or cataracts
- Your general eye health – check the front of the eye for dry eye, allergic conjunctivitis and cataract; check the back of the eye by looking at the optic nerve for possible glaucoma, examine the macula for early signs of macular degeneration, and examine the blood vessels which can indicate high blood pressure.
- With dilation, the doctor can view the outer edges of the retina to check for detachment, breaks, or tears.
- The Topcon Maestro also allows the doctor to have a spectacular look at macular holes, membrane formation that can cause distortion or blur, swelling of the macula, leaving no doubt as to the diagnosis and severity of the condition.