Coppertone lenses provide the ultimate protection with visual clarity. Our team wears them and most of our patients do too.
Ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) rays are the most dangerous forms of sunlight contributing to:
- Skin cancer
- Macular degeneration – a major cause of vision loss in the U.S. for people over age 60
- Premature wrinkling and aging of the skin around the eyes
High-Energy Visible (HEV) light/Blue Light which is near the UV range in the visible spectrum, can be a major contributor to the development of:
- Macular degeneration
- Other serious eye maladies
Coppertone Polarized Prescription Lenses
Coppertone lenses are designed to block harmful UV light and filter out the blue light spectrum allowing colors to remain clear and true, so stoplights and other important visual information won’t be hard to see.
- Block 100% of harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Provide more HEV protection than ordinary sun lenses
- Are an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin
- Provide good color perception