Do you think that vision loss is a normal part of aging? IT. IS. NOT.
So~~ what things can we do to preserve our vision? Many eye problems begin w/o any symptoms. Keeping your eyes healthy is easy.
- Minimize eye strain by balancing time on digital devices with time outdoors. This is especially important for children. Practice the 20-20-20 rule and make a concentrated effort to BLINK often when using digital devices.
- Be cool and wear QUALITY SUNGLASSES and if you want to delay needing reading glasses!.
- Wear protective eyewear when playing sports at every age! Do it. A ball or a racket can cause serious eye injury!
- Keep underlying health conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure under control. If left untreated, it can affect your vision.
- Don’t sleep or swim or shower while wearing your contact lenses. You do not want to contract a blinding eye infection, believe us!
- “Keep an eye” on children’s vision as they grow and watch for signs of problems or vision changes. Early action is key to slowing the myopia . progression and its long term health complications. Myopia is nearsightedness that can be caused by overuse of digital devices.
- If you’re over 65, also pay close attention to vision changes. Blurry vision can be a sign of a serious problem.
- Eat your veggies, especially carrots! YES. DIET. MAKES. A. DIFFERENCE. Read more about diet and vision
- Lastly, OF COURSE, have a COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAM EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Easy. Schedule an Eye Exam today.