Today’s patients want ‘REAL’. No Jargon. That is unrelatable. No one wants to ask “What’s that?” after every recommendation; sometimes they won’t ask at all and leave confused after visiting their eye doctor’s clinic.
For example — we say “these POLARIZED sunglasses will reduce glare off the water to help you see fish better!” Our team knows why ‘reducing glare’ can enhance the wearer’s experience, so we try to explain it in a relatable way, that is IF YOU FISH. Since many do not fish, we explain polarized lenses this way~~”they can give you clearer, more accurate vision bc they will cut the glare from the hood of your car and from oncoming cars, and can alleviate some eye strain. If you find yourself squinting a lot, even when you’re wearing sunglasses, consider investing in polarized sunglasses.”
Here are some examples of how else we may explain polarized lenses more relatably:
These are some specific situations when polarized sunglasses may be especially helpful:
- Fishing. People who fish find that polarized sunglasses drastically cut the glare and help them see into the water.
- Boating. A long day on the water can cause eyestrain. You may also see below the surface of the water better, which is important if you are driving a boat as well.
- Golfing. Some golfers feel that polarized lenses make it hard to read greens well when putting, but studies haven’t all agreed on this issue. Many golfers do find that polarized lenses reduce glare on fairways, and you can remove polarized sunglasses when putting if that’s your preference. Another benefit? Though this would never happen to you, golf balls that find their way into water hazards are easier to spot when wearing polarized lenses. LOL.
- Most snowy environments. Snow causes glare, so a pair of polarized sunglasses are usually a good choice. AND we definitely will tell our patients when polarized sunglasses may not be the best choice in snow —
- When glare or more light might be an advantage:
- to see ice on roads when driving
- to see icy patches when skiing or snowboarding
- when driving at night.
We also understand that our patients want to look their best; that is a confidence booster! If the product will help our customer stand out, we definitely will let them know.
Our doctors explain comprehensive eye care this way; “Regular exams keep your vision strong, but they also detect eye diseases early — many of which go unnoticed for a long time.” Vision care is the care and treatment of eyes, eyesight conditions, and vision. Eyes aren’t just the window to your soul — they also offer a glimpse into your health. Changes in your eyes can signal vision problems, diabetes, stress, even retinal detachment. What’s more, most of these you can actually see for yourself — assuming you know what to look for.
Lastly — what is value to our patients? VALUE does NOT equal DISCOUNT, at least not in our practice.
Our patients value their experience while with us, and they value our experience with the eye care that we deliver and the products that we sell. They value our commitment to ongoing service that does not stop when they leave our business.
We are here for the long haul; if there’s a problem, we want to know about it.
GO AHEAD. DO IT. EXPERIENCE VALUABLE EYE CARE WITH US. WE CAN RELATE. Schedule an Eye Exam today